Create Account

S56 SHL Expansion

08-01-2020, 02:56 PMbbp Wrote: Someone draft me away from @

You're autoprotected, read the rules smh.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

08-01-2020, 11:58 AMGoonerBear Wrote:
08-01-2020, 09:15 AMSegi Wrote: So they're picked first but count as the latest picks?

Their departures are secured first, but they will be picked last. They can't be picked by the other expansion anyway, and it does more to start off the Expansion Draft by going right into the picks they've been working on.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing here. I just wanted to point out, that you need to block a draft spot from each team where a GM comes from, so they'll technically have to be picked first, even though the draft thread won't say that.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

08-01-2020, 03:11 PMTommySalami Wrote:
08-01-2020, 03:01 PMgordieboom Wrote: @"TommySalami", i agree but that is the task of HO imo.

Fair enough, it just might not be as simple as making the decision to have owners, it would take a lot of work imo.

Imagine telling a long-time GM that they now have a boss that owns their franchise.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

08-01-2020, 07:30 PMAce Wrote:
08-01-2020, 03:11 PMTommySalami Wrote: Fair enough, it just might not be as simple as making the decision to have owners, it would take a lot of work imo.

Imagine telling a long-time GM that they now have a boss that owns their franchise.
It's an interesting idea. Not sure it fits the current shl climate. It may some day.

08-01-2020, 03:11 PMTommySalami Wrote: Fair enough, it just might not be as simple as making the decision to have owners, it would take a lot of work imo.

what if you only open up ownership to current GMs so the rich bois like wasty can buy their own teams

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 09:09 PM by Leoben.)

08-01-2020, 04:00 PMgordieboom Wrote:
08-01-2020, 03:51 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Sure. But what you’re asking for is only desirable to an incredibly small minority of the SHL userbase. So, if you really want to see something with so little demand gain any sort of traction in this league and among those who call the shots, maybe flesh out a game plan for how it can be developed and implemented? Otherwise it just sounds ridiculous to put the onus on HO when they have plenty of other things on their plate.

First of all, i am not asking for anything. I am just expressing a thought. If they like the idea, they can work it out.
Secondly, you seem to be the guy on this forum that disagrees on everything, so i don’t know why i’m debating with you Smile

Regarding ownership...

I proposed something similar in a media shitpost but someone pointed out one of the biggest issues with the ownership thing.  This league is already super cliquey.  What would stop owners from just hiring their friends as GMs?  Even if that GM is garbage and runs the organization into the ground, he might be given a loose leash whereas a less popular GM might be fired after one shitty season.  I know GMs aren't really hired and fired based on records now but anything could happen with ownership.

It's a cool idea but HO has been doing pretty good with implementing new things every season and making the league better.  I would hate for them to put time and resources into something that, quite frankly, not many people seem to care about.  Put up a poll and see I guess?

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

love that all sim leagues, are looking towards expansion with all the new members. Im way too new, to get a team, but will be fun to see how the build.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2020, 07:30 AM by gordieboom.)

Candidate owners would only be allowed to take over a team without a GM, so expansion teams (hence posted in this thread) and teams like SFP where the GM quited.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

08-01-2020, 04:41 PMJNH Wrote:
08-01-2020, 02:56 PMbbp Wrote: Someone draft me away from @

You're autoprotected, read the rules smh.

as if i know my draft year Smile)

[Image: livius.gif]

OH SHIT