Create Account

S57 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 11:41 AM by Steelhead77.)

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

Hi, welcome to the Calgary Dragons Interested Prospect thread, we look forward to learning more about you! A little about us... We are the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history, winning 8 Challenge Cups and making the playoffs in 31 of the last 33 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become the hardest place for opposing teams to play in the league!  

Calgary is also the first franchise to own its very own television network called Dragons.tv! so if you are drafted to Calgary be ready for the media blitz! to check out Dragons.tv, click **HERE**

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE, our Team Profile HERE and The Encylopedia of being a Dragon HERE. We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun.

If you're a prospect for the S57 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. What is your favorite NHL team?

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?
- Solid 8. All I know is that you're solid from season to season, plus I like the logo

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?
- My goal is to build a strong playmaker with defensive quantities, player projection would be like Scheifele/Barkov but in the end im just a noob on my first season ever so all the feedback is highly appreciated

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
- Im high on LR buzz, professional and not-so-professional stuff, so thats very important for me to have good atmosphere going on

- Gotta say community, its easy to join in and be a part of it. Second thing are the sims, cause im very eager to see my player's progress in-game

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
- Definitely going to stick around for a long time. Even along work I still have time for other simulation games also - so no, my activity isnt going to fall down

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
- Mid 20s

- I do media, weekly recaps like this one right here to fund my training. Writing has always been easy for me despite being a non-native english speaker

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?
- Not a problem, im enjoying my time with my minor team goofballs so developing my guy there isnt an issue

- Colorado. Rantanen FTW

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

- Once I find something I like, I tend to stick around. I started playing footstar (simu soccer) like 9 years ago and im still going strong. Casual guy who wants to max earn but isnt completely defeated after a loss
TL;DR - Hidden gem, draft me

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

Any prospect interested in learning more about the Dragons I would definitely recommend reading this article which is intended to be an encyclopedia of the team: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=109924

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Very interested. I don't know why anyone would not want to play for the Dragons as Calgary is pretty clearly the most dominant team in league history. I'd love to be one of the players to eventually take the torch and continue the legacy. 
Plus there are some NL players already in Calgary so I like having that connection. From what I hear the teams defense is a major strength but their are also some older defenseman as well so I should have the opportunity to take on a major 
role once I am ready for the SHL.

I am looking to build a playmaking defenseman who is a fantastic skater. I plan to make myself competent defensively but the focus will definitely be on my skating and offensive abilities. I want to be a pp threat, and even though I want to lean towards a playmaking style I also want to have a decent shot so I can put it in myself when I get the opportunity. The reason I want to really emphasize my skating is because that should help me all over the ice. It will help me make the most of my offensive abilities and should help defensively as well. Should help with breakouts, transition game, everything really. With that being said I am for sure open to suggestions and fine tuning as long as I can keep it heading in that direction. I have asked for build opinions already multiple times in NL. I have some FHM6 experience but nothing like this league so I'm sure some of you veterans have some good advice to give.

I just want a welcoming environment with guys that love hockey. I wont be a in the LR all day every day kind of guy but I almost always hop on for the daily sims and check in throughout the day. I've enjoyed the LR in NL, especially during the playoff sims. I guess I'd hope the team is fairly active during sims but I'd assume the best team in the league is pretty active lol.

Kind of a cop out but just the overall experience. Draft day for the SMJHL entry draft was so much fun, I was like sweating and my heart was pounding. So the whole getting drafted experience was really cool as I never had the opportunity to play past high school IRL. 
I play NHL and FHM and what not and while I enjoy those games this is on a whole new level. The fact that real life people were reaching out to me wanting me on their team was a really cool experience, and I've got to say I was super lucky that NL traded all the way up to grab me.
It's really like nothing I've ever been apart of. I've also enjoyed having people to just talk hockey with as I don't have many friends IRL that are as obsessed with hockey as I am. The NHL draft was really cool cause everyone in NL follows different teams so it was fun seeing who everyone's
 team pick and discussing picks and what not. Playoffs were super hype too and just seeing the little bit of progress my player has made in year 1 just made me want to keep grinding and build an absolute stud. 

Not really. I work 25-30 hours a week and am a full time student so I am fairly busy but my schooling is all online so I can quite easily take some time when needed to do what I need to do. I wouldn't expect me to be the next guy making podcasts or being quite to that level but I have already written several media articles as well as posted a couple graphics (working on more as well). I also took the job of posting the daily sim screenshots in NL so doing what I can to contribute.

I am currently 25.

Yes as I mentioned above I have done like 5 or so media articles as well as a couple graphics. I don't think podcasts would be in my wheelhouse but I don't mind doing the other two. Having trouble navigating the site atm so I won't link anything but feel free to check them out.
 If you stumble onto the graphics just know those were the first couple of sigs I've ever done and was learning a lot on the fly so I expect there to be improvement on that front. 

I'd love it. I want to experience a bit of what its like to be one of the studs for a bit before I have to start at the bottom of a league all over again. Draft me. I feel comfortable in Red/Black/White. 

I am a MN Wild fan. In Billy G we trust. Can't wait to finally see Kaprizov!!!!

Ummm I've got two cute ass cats (just got the second one, she a little baby yet) so I can provide the LR with some cuteness. 
Nothing really comes to mind but feel free to reach out if you have anymore question.

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 10 - I like the amazing history of the program and I want to be apart of the future history making teams!

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? Defensive forward that can hold himself in the offensive zone. I will gladly take feedback!

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room? Activeness. An active team will more likely than not be a winning team.

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL? The community!

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 23

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? I am fine with 2-3 more season of SMJHL time!

9. What is your favorite NHL team? Chicago Blackhawks!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

10, would be glad to join any team that took a chance on me! I admittedly don't know much of your team.

Right now I'm a playmaker, may be changing to sniper to help Colorado out. Always open to advice

Just somewhere that's open and accepting of all new teammates! Looking for an active LR with a good group of people

The people and the amount of TPE that we get. Love the weekly tasks, always fun.

Nope, pretty set in my current stage of life.

I'm 28

Not recently.

Very cool with that. About to be thrust into a scoring role on the Raptors, so would be cool to stick around see the team grow for a few more seasons.

St. Louis baby

I'm a fun loving guy, I like to have fun.

Code:

10. Anyone who knows anything about the Dragons knows that this team is the Yankees, Man U, Lakers, or whatever IRL sports analog you prefer, of the SHL. Being a Dragon cements your legacy in some way.

Primarily a goal scorer that is similar to sebastian aho.

I enjoy a locker room that loves to discuss things. A fantasy football league would be great. Just general sports talk is excellent.

The community is always the best part.

Yeah I'll be going to law school next year and that could hurt my time for sure.

early to mid 20s

I've done some podcasts! I have a 3rd episode that I've been waiting to release until after the draft. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOm_fxL...ryForNoobs

I'm a Newfoundland Berserker so it's quite alright to stay down as long as necessary.

Colorado Avalanche!

Not much else to say other than, I'd love to be a Dragon. Not sure how the draft will play out but if you need a winger I'm there.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Thanks! Great responses so far!

Dragonite Dragonite

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite