Create Account

TPE claims posted during updates

05-15-2021, 06:07 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-15-2021, 04:35 PMLordBirdman Wrote: I think it matters in the J, in the SHL it is probably pretty meaningless.

I can safely tell you that there were a few people on LA who updated differently because the claim wasn't up yet, so while 1, 2, or 3 TPE may for the most part not matter week to week, it can make a pretty big difference, especially the update right before playoffs.

05-15-2021, 03:24 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Who gives a shit?
The fuck is your problem? Obviously someone gives a shit or this wouldn't have been posted. And if you read through the comments here....most seem to agree with him.
I’ll be that petty person. Minnesota was already updated when PT#3 went live and when the charity claim went live. That’s 5 TPE, add that to a bank and you can up a stat right before playoffs. (Not that it matters for minny anymore. Rip) There are teams that get that opportunity and teams that don’t. If we wanna update freeze during playoffs it’s only fair that the same claims are eligible. Js

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

05-15-2021, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Here's the thing, you're not wrong. But it's important to remember that this isn't a job. If this happened I think it'd make sense for the deadline to be the following Monday. Which means that we have more time between when the PT is done and when is claims are up. Otherwise we're demanding not only people's time but also their immediate time. If we're fine with that then by all means. But eventually some overly enthusiastic fool will come along and say that they'll do it every week immediately after the deadline and create an unreasonable standard for people in the future.

Nobody wants to be on the PT team already, let's not make it worse.

Not suggesting anyone didn't do their job. In fact, I think everyone did their job fine but the result provided some with inadvertent advantages. No one's job should be harder if TPE claims are posted sometime after the update period is closed, should they only become ready to post during the update period.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

05-15-2021, 06:53 PMBadWolf Wrote:
05-15-2021, 06:07 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I can safely tell you that there were a few people on LA who updated differently because the claim wasn't up yet, so while 1, 2, or 3 TPE may for the most part not matter week to week, it can make a pretty big difference, especially the update right before playoffs.

The fuck is your problem? Obviously someone gives a shit or this wouldn't have been posted. And if you read through the comments here....most seem to agree with him.
I’ll be that petty person. Minnesota was already updated when PT#3 went live and when the charity claim went live. That’s 5 TPE, add that to a bank and you can up a stat right before playoffs. (Not that it matters for minny anymore. Rip) There are teams that get that opportunity and teams that don’t. If we wanna update freeze during playoffs it’s only fair that the same claims are eligible. Js

This

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Tell PT team to hire me so we aren’t getting claims from topics that closed a week ago. I’ll take the PT pass and grade everything.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

05-16-2021, 02:56 AMKeygan Wrote: Tell PT team to hire me so we aren’t getting claims from topics that closed a week ago. I’ll take the PT pass and grade everything.

See this is the exact thing I was talking about earlier in the thread.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 04:09 AM by DELIRIVM.)

I'll say those who suggested a freeze and expedited grading schedule are right on the money. I'm not going to pin the posting of PTs after updates on the new team too heavily. The old team did that too. But the lack of speed in grading has sucked. Seeing IIHF predictions graded a week and a half after the final IIHF game was played really sucked.

But with all the negativity in this thread, I'd also like to express that when the grading is done for the PTs with the new team, I've really been pleased with it. I think just having a posting freeze on Friday, like suggested, and a slightly expedited schedule will do wonders.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

05-15-2021, 03:24 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Who gives a shit?
ham in 4

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 11:19 AM by spooked.)

Never thought I would see some people get so upset about the concept of holding a post for a couple days to let everyone have the same claims in the same week

The amount of tpe is so entirely inconsequential.

In terms of PT passes, graders dont get them. Only the head does because no one in this thread and almost no one outside of it applied for the job.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

05-15-2021, 04:45 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Here's the thing, you're not wrong. But it's important to remember that this isn't a job. If this happened I think it'd make sense for the deadline to be the following Monday. Which means that we have more time between when the PT is done and when is claims are up. Otherwise we're demanding not only people's time but also their immediate time. If we're fine with that then by all means. But eventually some overly enthusiastic fool will come along and say that they'll do it every week immediately after the deadline and create an unreasonable standard for people in the future.

We ask Updater to do their job Friday-Saturday, We ask fileworker to do their job sunday, we ask simmer (ask of now) to do the job every day. I don't think it's asking too much to ask grader to do their job between monday-thursday. A lot of other league manage that feat, with the PBE having all their grading done at the latest on the thursday. Or really, a blackout friday noon-monday isn't really hard. They can still grade it and keep the result in a google sheet and post it on the monday.

No one want to be on the PT team? The latest PT hiring thread for SHL i could find is back from 2019, maybe we should hire more? (after my research skills could be lacking ...) I would Gladly apply as a grader, without needing the PT pass. Most people shy away of PT team cause they think they have to be creative and come up with PT Ideas.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

PT team doesn’t have to change anything, just hold off posting claims until Monday if it’s fri-sat-sun.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-16-2021, 12:57 PMEvok Wrote:

We ask Updater to do their job Friday-Saturday, We ask fileworker to do their job sunday, we ask simmer (ask of now) to do the job every day. I don't think it's asking too much to ask grader to do their job between monday-thursday. A lot of other league manage that feat, with the PBE having all their grading done at the latest on the thursday. Or really, a blackout friday noon-monday isn't really hard. They can still grade it and keep the result in a google sheet and post it on the monday.

No one want to be on the PT team? The latest PT hiring thread for SHL i could find is back from 2019, maybe we should hire more? (after my research skills could be lacking ...) I would Gladly apply as a grader, without needing the PT pass. Most people shy away of PT team cause they think they have to be creative and come up with PT Ideas.

I don't think this is a good reason to add more time sensitive positions. You and Keygan may be happy to do this but time sensitive positions generally add more stress to people's lives and that contributes to burnout which leads to turnover. That's not a recipe for sustainability.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-16-2021, 02:42 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-16-2021, 12:57 PMEvok Wrote: We ask Updater to do their job Friday-Saturday, We ask fileworker to do their job sunday, we ask simmer (ask of now) to do the job every day. I don't think it's asking too much to ask grader to do their job between monday-thursday. A lot of other league manage that feat, with the PBE having all their grading done at the latest on the thursday. Or really, a blackout friday noon-monday isn't really hard. They can still grade it and keep the result in a google sheet and post it on the monday.

I don't think this is a good reason to add more time sensitive positions. You and Keygan may be happy to do this but time sensitive positions generally add more stress to people's lives and that contributes to burnout which leads to turnover. That's not a recipe for sustainability.

Users don't wanna be on the SHL Friday night to get updates in right before the playoffs either

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-16-2021, 02:42 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-16-2021, 12:57 PMEvok Wrote: We ask Updater to do their job Friday-Saturday, We ask fileworker to do their job sunday, we ask simmer (ask of now) to do the job every day. I don't think it's asking too much to ask grader to do their job between monday-thursday. A lot of other league manage that feat, with the PBE having all their grading done at the latest on the thursday. Or really, a blackout friday noon-monday isn't really hard. They can still grade it and keep the result in a google sheet and post it on the monday.

5 days and a half to do a job is far from being the most time sensitive of them all. Its basically the same time users have to do their update every week. Its not like we are asking stuff to be graded on the monday night. As far as i know, primetime and 3v3 are semi/automated for grading, after its a matter of posting the thread only, so we are looking at teams having to grade mpt and pt and yet sometime failing to do for 2 weeks at ends. I understand what you mean cal, don't get me wrong, but theres many way to improve that dont have to put stress on single grader. Get more members, bonus per grading, etc. I think the whole community can benefits more. PT grader are hired less often than it looks and might need some fresh legs.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I agree with OP.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France