Create Account

Biggest FTW Playoffs Ever

So I just had the strangest Be a GM experience ever and this was all simmed.

1 - My team (buffalo) finished 8th in the east, made it in on the last day.
2 - I BLEW UP my team at the trade deadline. Traded away my top 6 players and was left with virtually nothing.
3 - After blowing my roster up my team won the last 6 games again simmed making the playoffs.
4 - Oh and 4/6 of my defense-men were injured for the last 3 weeks.
I'll show you the roster I had....

M. Foligno 84 -J. Smolinski (rookie) 83 - A. Wennberg 82
B. Milne (rookie) 82 - R. Peverley 82 - N. Ritchie (rookie) 81
J. Larsson (rookie) 79 - P. Gaustad 79 - A.Agozzino 78
E. Tangradi 77 - R. White 77 - B. Bickell 79
Orr 71

N. Zadorov 79 - R. Ristolainen 78
K. Russell 78 - M. Ellis 78
D. Drewiske 76 - B. Prust 71 (yaah i had prust on d because of injuries)

J. Ortio 81
R. Dipietro 79

Now. In the playoffs i was like i'm fucked cliked towards the end of the playoffs and went to go make burgers. I came back and saw the most fucked up shit ever.

THIS LINE UP WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!!
not only did it win the Stanley cup! but it SWEPT two entire series!!!
I even had Wennberg get injured for 2 of the series and the assist coach had Colton Orr (71) playing on the top line!!!!!

Joni Ortio had 5 Shutouts and won the MVP.
How the hell does a team that shouldn't even have made the playoffs with no 80's on the back end win the cup?

Also to clarify.... I have 26 first round picks in the next draft :lol: :lol:
So like I BLEW up my team! Hell half the players that were on the Cup roster only played like 20 regular season games on my team or less!

Anyways I just needed to share that.

[Image: livius.gif]

though i guess to balance it my #1 ranked AHL team got knocked out in the first round :lol:

26 firsts :lol:

[Image: cuffana.png]

Lolll damnn

rofl @ 26 first round picks... Jesus.

Reminds me of playing NFL 2k1 back in ccollege simming meant no free agent or contract extensions. I Sim won the super bowl with an 11 player roster. Phil Hanson was the QB, Kicker, and LB.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Apr 6 2014, 09:42 AM
Reminds me of playing NFL 2k1 back in ccollege simming meant no free agent or contract extensions. I Sim won the super bowl with an 11 player roster. [b]Phil Hanson was the QB, Kicker, and LB.[/b]

thats amazing :lol:

I love EA Logic :lol:

[Image: 336.jpg]