Create Account

S38 SHL Awards Show

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Jan 25 2018, 10:29 PM

Too much? Rolleyes

No

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 25 2018, 03:22 PM

Hey, why wasn't I nominated for the Stevens, you biased man.

Because green is an unbecoming color and you probably pronounce my user name like Scott Stevens.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Jan 25 2018, 03:26 PM

I think the problem isn't that they're being overlooked, but rather not being looked at.

When I joined the HoF voting late in the process, most of the votes were done so I based my choices on the people that were selected. But then people brought up some some valid points about some people who were left out, and I think that's just because nobody ever provided a case from neither inside our outside the committee.

I feel like getting some feedback before deciding things (A COMMON THEME I HAD WHILE I WAS SHL'S GLORIOUS LEADER) will always benefit in the long run.

1 - I'm from the other Carolina, I'm not nearly smart enough to differentiate between those two.

2 - Re: feedback, seeing as I just implored people to discuss this with me directly in PMs, I agree? I just don't see how demanding more out of the GMs is the way to go with that, even if it would be just a five-minute task. Of course, I remember seeing some of the old SMJHL awards ballots when GMs voted on those and clearly wanted nothing to do with it, so I'm going to have negative vibes about any process like that. I know your proposal is nothing like that system, but still.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 03:44 PM

1 - I'm from the other Carolina, I'm not nearly smart enough to differentiate between those two.

2 - Re: feedback, seeing as I just implored people to discuss this with me directly in PMs, I agree? I just don't see how demanding more out of the GMs is the way to go with that, even if it would be just a five-minute task. Of course, I remember seeing some of the old SMJHL awards ballots when GMs voted on those and clearly wanted nothing to do with it, so I'm going to have negative vibes about any process like that. I know your proposal is nothing like that system, but still.

1 - It's called Nerf Carolina

2 - While I think I'm probably thinking more of a solution for HoF than All star, I still think there could be some way to optionally communicate with GM's on people that they think should make it. But the more I type it out the less I can think of a solution and the more lazy I'm gettingggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Jan 25 2018, 03:50 PM

2 - While I think I'm probably thinking more of a solution for HoF than All star, I still think there could be some way to optionally communicate with GM's on people that they think should make it. But the more I type it out the less I can think of a solution and the more lazy I'm gettingggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eh, I need to be pre-writing this awards show anyways. Let's ztables this conversation for a later date. Cheers

Nikolai Evans

Ben Dover not nominated for Stevens. Smh

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Jan 25 2018, 04:50 PM

What if we just made a pre-awards discussion thread each season for EVERYONE to come in and voice their opinion? If you don't want the whole community then you could make the thread in the GM section. Participation optional of course.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Jan 25 2018, 05:01 PM

What if we just made a pre-awards discussion thread each season for EVERYONE to come in and voice their opinion? If you don't want the whole community then you could make the thread in the GM section. Participation optional of course.

Such a simple and not-shit idea. What the fuck.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 02:10 PM

Such a simple and not-shit idea. What the fuck.

I won't allow it. SHL gotta stay complex

Quote:Originally posted by Xmas@Jan 25 2018, 06:13 PM

I won't allow it. SHL gotta stay complex
what if we value people's opinions based on which team they were on and how that team did in the season??

I mean, it doesn't quite fit the same, but for the underrated award in SMJHL, Zoone asked every GM to submit 1 player from their own team as most underrated. It's not required for the committee to choose any of those players, but GMs get input on an award that is typically hard to judge.

(That route was taken when the 3rd place player in points was named most underrated Rolleyes )

It's not quite the same as voting for statistical awards, but in principle you could kinda do the same thing.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Why don’t we just go the route that everyone just gets a participation award?

S39 Prediction

Challenge Cup: Everyone

Because we all are winners and anything other we risk hurting feelings.

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Jan 25 2018, 07:21 PM
Why don’t we just go the route that everyone just gets a participation award?

S39 Prediction

Challenge Cup: Everyone

Because we all are winners and anything other we risk hurting feelings.
Rolleyes

I hate to interrupt this riveting conversation, but the awards show begins in five minutes.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 04:55 PM
I hate to interrupt this riveting conversation, but the awards show begins in five minutes.
they haven't happened yet? :lol:

what is this

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]