Create Account

S38 SHL Awards Show

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 06:01 PM

gdi I was going to uprep you but then I saw your rep. I can't fuck with that.

you can just like up rep me after you get someone to down rep me u kno

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 09:37 PM
We have one more award to present before we close out the night.

It is not an award presented every season, but one we bring out only on special occasion. It is the Vidrik Onoprienko Lifetime Achievement Award. Previous winners of this prestigious honor, which you can only receive once in your time on the SHL, include JackCross, Leafs4ever, Spangle, jkrever, and Beaujeaux. Tonight, a sixth name is added to the list.

This year’s winner has accomplished a lot during his time in the SHL. Four times, he was named General Manager of the year. Four times during that time as GM, his teams lifted the Challenge Cup. As a player, he twice won the Damian Littleton Trophy, and even has a trophy named after the player who secured those honors. As a site presence, he’s held many titles and worn many hats, including time spent as Commissioner of the SHL and the NWJHL (now the SMJHL).

He took some time away from the site recently, until he returned and recreated this season, going <s>first</s> second overall in the S39 SHL Entry Draft last week. This makes now the perfect time to present the Vidrik Onoprienko Lifetime Achievement Award to [b]<a href='index.php?showuser=121' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>teztify</a>!
Congratulations, and thank you for everything![/b]

Wow, I really wasn't expecting this! This is a huge honour, and I just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped me out in all of those roles along the way, to the awards committee for this distinction, and to the league and all its members for always drawing me back in and motivating me to contribute.

Great to be in there with all of those names <3

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 08:29 PM
<div align="center">[Image: 24y1cu1.png]

[b]NEREUS AND MWHAZARD

Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a>!

[Image: 24y1cu1.png]</div>[/b]

do these awards include the offseason

Evans tagging and congratulating himself in every single award post is the absolute definition of elite mentality. What a guy

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Joester09@Jan 25 2018, 10:37 PM

Wouldn't make a difference tbh

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Jan 25 2018, 09:48 PM
Evans tagging and congratulating himself in every single award post is the absolute definition of elite mentality. What a guy

It was either that or tell me to go fuck myself every time. Strongly leaned towards the latter but decided to go the subtle route.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Joester09@Jan 25 2018, 09:37 PM

In my mind at least - and it's how I judge SMJHL teams for the awards - anything they did to change their roster from the previous season to this one, and how that effected their performance from season to season.

Winnipeg made a couple moves, and they improved, a bit, from last season. 3 win, 8 point improvement, scored more goals, but also gave up a few more goals. 4 players in the top 10 in league scoring, 5 over 1 PPG, exact same as last season. Not bad all things considered. Without looking at the other 12 teams, I think they're a deserved nominee.

But this absolutely should have been a run away for SFP, unanimous decision. Literally DOUBLED Points, and wins, from last season. Grape made a bunch of deals to drastically improve the team. went from -46 to +30 goal differential, scored 60 more goals than last season, and gave up 20 less. SFP's best scorer last season had 43 points, good for 43RD in the league. This season, their top scorer had 58 points and was 4th in the league. All without a drastic performance change from Kirkstone - he put up the same Sv%, just faced 200 less shots, and that's on the GMs massively improving the roster. Oh yeah not only did they double their totals, they went from last in the league to first in the league. Literally leapfrogged 13 teams in the span of 1 season.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 05:22 PM
<div align="center">[Image: latamYI.png]

[b]ZANARKAND ABES

Congratulations to <a href='index.php?showuser=2015' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>Xmas</a>!

[Image: latamYI.png]</div>[/b]
Towel Towel Towel

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Jan 25 2018, 06:16 PM

congrats <a href='index.php?showuser=1722' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Nereus</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>MWHazard</a> ! you guys have put together a very enviable team Cheers
[Image: SJiB7TL.gif]

ty frien your team v stronk 2

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Xmas@Jan 25 2018, 08:59 PM

hi

i am winrar

fuck u all

No fu

And congrats Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Jan 25 2018, 09:48 PM

He's The Guy, like from spy kids

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jan 25 2018, 08:39 PM

I fucking hated it and I want to die.

On that note, I'm out of here, congratulations to all the winners except for me, tip your waiters, good night.

You're my mvp

Some interesting decisions, but Grapes got straight up robbed.

Congrats to all

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 25 2018, 09:41 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Eggy Nog</a>

Welcome to the club!

Thank you, extremely proud to have finally won one. Thank god you decided to take a season off from winning it Tongue

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

oshit kirkstone mvp
congrats grape

also Bitties was robbed

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs