Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension

09-14-2018, 03:34 PMWally Wrote:           a. Simply using the following words in a sentence, alone, or in images sitewide (including the Thunderdome): N-----, Gay, F----t, F-g and Retard (or any other spelling or severe reference to these words), will be an automatic suspension of both you from the site and your player from the sim itself at the moment it is posted without appeal. Posting of additional vocabulary primarily used to slander various religions, ethnic groups, those with disabilities and sexual designations will leave you vulnerable to the same punishments as listed below on a retroactive basis from 9/14/18, going forward (meaning any word used that is deemed in violation will be added to the list and penalized immediately).

Are you kidding me? Automatically suspended without appeal for simply using the words...this is just not thought out. First of all, gay and retard resulting in an instant suspension? Are you serious right now? Some words I agree should never be used such as the N word with the r but words like gay and retard have uses outside of being used to attack someone. There are acceptable times to say it without offending people who are LGBT (including myself) and there are acceptable ways to use the word retarded without it being used offend mentally challenged people.

There's also nothing about needing context of the entire conversation or the way it is used in the wording of it. People might be using this educationally or in a jesting way to their friends or people also in their community and yet you treat them as all subject to an automatic suspension because HO believes that they are protecting minority groups and creating a "safe space"

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension - by Cynthia - 09-15-2018, 08:00 PM