Create Account

Draft rankings through 2 weeks

03-08-2019, 02:00 PMSDCore Wrote: Hmmm, so recreates get a 9000-4000 activity level because of more years? Then should rookie activity over a smaller window be more weighted? Is this because rookies have more of a chance to go inactive? Either way, I'm curious to see how this looks in a season or two. Also, weighting points over everything is harder for some J teams than others and it weights offensive players over defensive players.

Also, how did you rate activity rate? Is it only based on posts on the forum? Shouldn't a player like Campin, who sims have a higher weight then? 

Interesting data anyway, just want to know more about how you came to the numbers.

you are correct in all of the points you've made.

first paragraph: the rookie activity should be a little bit weighted, and only against bottom tier rebuilds (who wouldnt hit the plateau of "he's been X active for Y seasons, definitely a safe pick"). And you are correct, points are BS like how corsi is a "better" tell than +/-, but it was an easy and attainable value. the "Vs Opponent" tab is kind of bare, so there isnt a great way to see who is playing protected minutes and who is grinding it out with the big boys. Ideally we'd want a chance for/against scale to balance out the Forwards/Defense. A player that is filling in on the 2nd pairing and playing hard minutes will have worse stats than a 4th line center with 1 assist, but I haven't figured out how to calculate that, so i took the easy road.

second paragraph: unfortunately forum activity is the only metric i had access to. if i were better/smarter/worked harder, I would make a plateau for rebuilds (around 500). i believe guys like campin (sim) and fourfour (media) should be rated higher than a good rebuild with less site responsibilites (cant think of an example), as their site duties bring them on every day, and they have a sense of commitment that they already give the site. they are that much less likely to get lazy with it for a few weeks.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by Sami - 03-08-2019, 04:29 AM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by Flareon - 03-08-2019, 07:16 AM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by luke - 03-08-2019, 07:27 AM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by SDCore - 03-08-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by Julio Tokolosh - 03-08-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by SDCore - 03-08-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by awils13 - 03-08-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by Otrebor13 - 03-08-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by hotdog - 03-09-2019, 04:54 PM
RE: Draft rankings through 2 weeks - by FourFour - 03-09-2019, 10:17 PM