Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment

05-29-2019, 02:07 PMMayuu Wrote:
05-29-2019, 01:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: EDIT: Looks like WBF and Tommy already addressed this

Minnesota may actually have a pretty good defense for their case here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?s=1...t&p=703872

Alright so there were some good points in the thread yesterday that not a lot of people understand where the line is when it comes to tampering. The rule as I plan to interpret it, is when a player or GM from another team seeks another member outside of the SHL public forums with the intent of asking them to try to join their team. (so this would include pms, other websites, messengers etc.)

The reason I say outside of the public forum, is because what do you actually gain by posting something about wanting someone to join your team in a place where everyone can see, what advantage does it give you? There's a big difference between something you are willing to say in front of everyone and something you say outside of the league's eye. What the league doesn't want is people behind closed doors colluding together or trying to gain players in a way that is against the rules.

If you guys take it too far and outside of the realm of fun, we'll have to take it in a stricter sense but I hope that's not the case. Please everyone take tampering seriously, because I know a lot of people were like well everyone does it, hopefully letting people know they can say things in the public forum is totally acceptable hopefully that will eliminate all the "back room" tampering that occurs in the league. Which is what we really want to get rid of.

That final like right there makes this actually seem pretty cut and dry.

[Image: 326c7n.jpg]

That is in the current rulebook

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment - by Sean - 05-29-2019, 02:08 PM