Create Account

PGS S49 Game 110 Detroit vs Kelowna

Three Stars:
In this segment, we will analyze the players that Simon T chose as the three stars, and determine whether they deserve the accolade.
3 - Piotr Horvat Knights
Piotr helped turn the game around for the Knights halfway through the third period by setting up Kalevolaripaavo alongside LeBlanc on the Knights' first goal of the game. Rounding out his stat line, Piotr was a +2, took a shot, threw a hit, blocked a shot, and ate over 1/3 of ice time in this win over the league-leading Falcons. I would agree with SimonT's selection in this case as Horvat had a strong influence on this comeback win.
2 - Kalevolaripaavo Kaspertommevisnapuu Knights
Kalevolaripaavo fired home Kelowna's first goal of the game which began the turn around for the Knights in this game. The rest of his stats included an additional shot, but limited time on ice. For myself, I think that the player in question should not be the second star and we should be looking at one of the players who scored either the game-winning goal or game-tying goal, but that's just me.
1 - Simon LeBlanc Knights
Simon's place is deserved and we will see why after I go through all of his statistics just to see how essential he was to the Knights' victory in this one. Having an assist on both the opening goal and game-winning goal is all I need to hear to argue in favor of LeBlanc's presence in this list of stars of the game. He showed his defensive attributes for the game as well by blocking 4 shots, that's right he had more blocks in the game than most players have accumulated in the entire season.

Standings Shakeup:
Kelowna entered the game having 14 wins and 9 losses, with 3 of those losses coming in overtime or shootout, which garnered them in extra points each time, for a total of 31 points from 46 possible. At the same time, Detroit arrived in Kelowna with 14 wins of their own but only 7 losses, but only 1 extra point in OT, which is 29 points from 42 possible. Both of these teams remained atop the standings with Kelowna remaining atop the standings but Detroit with a couple of games in hand to make up for blowing the lead in this one.

Turning Point:
This game clearly had two turning points, one when Detroit took the lead well into the second period, and the second coming halfway through the third when Kelowna began their comeback. The ice was tilting throughout the first as Detroit took a dominating shot lead into the first intermission. When they scored halfway through the second the floodgates opened as they also scored another unanswered halfway through the third and the game look all but settled. That's when things turned around for the Knights, scoring two goals in a matter of three minutes, one at even-strength and one on the powerplay. The game settled with an early overtime goal by Tah Puhcheese, who I feel should have replaced Kalevolaripaavo as the second star of the game.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Messages In This Thread
PGS S49 Game 110 Detroit vs Kelowna - by Naosu - 08-27-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: PGS S49 Game 110 Detroit vs Kelowna - by ImASurvivor - 08-28-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: PGS S49 Game 110 Detroit vs Kelowna - by Rich - 08-28-2019, 06:29 PM
RE: PGS S49 Game 110 Detroit vs Kelowna - by uhh - 08-30-2019, 06:16 PM