Create Account

Nugent-Hall Interview

Hey guys, its me, Jordan Nugent-Hall Smile I decided to sit down and do an interview with Pierre LeBrun who wanted to ask me to give some advice to the juniors coming into the league and what to expect.

Here is the transcript:

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
Jordan Nugent-Hall conducting his interview with Pierre LeBrun

Interview Hey Jordan, thanks for stopping by the studio

JNH: Haha its no problem, I had some time today and love helping out the juniors, so it was the perfect opportunity.

Interview Jordan, what is your relationship with the prospects currently?

JNH: Well I think that I have a really good relationship with a lot of the juniors. I've been in contact with a lot of them helping them through the league and just talking to them to get them used to the league. I think we are pretty friendly with each other and I like how they feel comfortable talking to me and letting me know when they have a question.

Interview What do you think about the offseason?

JNH: I think that sadly it took to long due to the lack of recruiting done by the whole league. I don't think everyone really did what they could and that prolonged the regular season. This lead to a lot of recruits leaving the league which is truly a shame because some of them were great members.

Interview What is your advice on what to expect for the prospects in the draft?

JNH: Expect the unexpected. Anything can happen, you can rise or you can fall. NWJHL draft is a crapshoot and it doesn't matter where you're drafted, its just how you play during the year

Interview That advice applied to you correct?

JNH: Yeah definitely, I was drafted 25th overall in the 4th round and beat a lot of the players drafted ahead of me. I was also just selected 12th overall in the SHL draft. So it doesn't matter where you're drafted, if you train hard and keep getting better you'll impress a lot of people. I made it my goal to prove a lot of the teams wrong that passed on me and I believe I did just that.

Interview What do you think about all the prospects hiring agents?

JNH: I don't really think it is necessary. You're more than likely going to get 2 mil which is the max amount so there's no need for it to be negotiated. Plus, negotiating your contracts are really fun and you don't need an agent to get you a good deal. I'm not saying they shouldn't but I think it would be a better use of your money not to hire one.

Interview Last question Jordan, how was your experience on the Montreal Impact?

JNH: It was amazing Pierre! Impact are an outstanding organization with two world class GM's at the helm. I was sad to see Hunter step down as GM, but when Wong got the job I knew it was the right guy. GM's are always active and there to lend a hand when you have a question and are active with updating your player. Locker room had a great atmosphere and there was always someone in our chatzy so it lead to a real great time and I don't really care that I didn't win the Four Star Cup, I had fun and it was a great junior experience. Definitely suggest that prospects consider Montreal a top destination.

Vive L'Impact! :impact:

Interview Alright, thanks for you time Jordan

JNH: Anytime Pierre, thanks for having me Smile

So prospects, try and take a lot of this advice and as Josef Heiss once stated brilliantly "SHL Scouts are watching you!" I'll be out here keeping an eye on all of you so try and stay in touch and maybe next year in the SHL, we'll be suiting up in the same jersey Smile

Good luck to all in the draft and in your hopes of winning the Four Star Cup.

Until next time,
Stay Classy SHL

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by JmanPens19 - 09-18-2012, 04:27 PM