Create Account

Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped

personally i think the cap is a very flawed system. (using S51 for my data)

1.) the amount of tpe you get doesn't correspond well with how much effort the task takes, you can copy someone else's awards, season, playoff and draft predictions and get 15 tpe out of it plus some uncapped tpe if the person you are copying from knows what they are doing or is lucky.

2.) there is little capped tpe actually available. there was 42 capped tpe available from point tasks in s51 so missing just one point task means you have to rely on milestones to hit the cap.

3.) the whole idea of milestones is stupid as well since it strong arms worse players into doing every pt, wft, 3v3, prediction, etc to reach the cap while the better players can miss some of the less consequential pts because of milestones.

4.) why the hell are the season and award predictions from last season the ones that count for this season. If i fuck up and forget to do season and awards predictions the previous season im punished the current season. also it makes little sense to get the reward for doing something one season the season afterwards.

im presume that im one of the peope who the cap was made for, someone who is decently active but misses a pt or two here and there, but the cap has never helped close the gap between me and my peers because i've never hit it, if milestones and the cap were removed there would be little affect on how much tpe you can earn in a season.

if the cap is so desperately needed then boost the amount of capped tpe so that people who arent as active hit the cap as well.

i also dont understand the point of giving away both uncapped and capped tpe, is it to lure player that get a lot of milestones to do less valuable PTs? they'd still need to complete a few of them anyways to hit the cap. To reward good predictions? that isn't really a skill more than it is luck.

lets say for example that in S51 there was this hypothetical player in a tpe cap-less world who completed every point task and achieved every milestone possible they end up with a whopping extra 25 tpe and that was only if they were the Leading Point Scorer, Leading Goal Scorer, Most Valuable Player, Most Valuable Player According to Other Players, Playoff Most Valuable Player, Most Improved Player, Best Defenseman, Best Defensive Defenseman, Best General Manager, Best Coach, Most Dedicated Member, Won the President's Trophy, Won The Challenge Cup, and Received the Lifetime Achievement Award (which isn't awarded every season). In that extremely unlikely case I would wager that they deserve the extra 25 tpe just for the novelty of it.

and if anyone is upset at someone getting an extra 25 tpe then why arent they upset about uncapped tpe which is about half as up to luck but just as plentiful. literally the first person i looked at in the S53 claim thread got 24 uncapped tpe. and even if our super player is also lucky enough to claim an average amount of uncapped tpe through point tasks he can still fall behind by being unable to pay for equipment costs.

idk at this point im just ranting but the whole system is sorta wack, capped tpe tries to put on this illusion of parity between bad players and good players while requiring you to never miss a point task if you dont achieve any milestones while better players are given more leeway. get rid of the cap and get rid of milestones and the one thing separating player is uncapped tpe which is up to luck in a lot of cases.

cap is meaningless since the biggest disparity between players comes from uncapped tpe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped - by efiug - 05-01-2020, 04:20 AM