Create Account

New Orleans Specters Punishment Update

05-02-2020, 06:21 PM39alaska39 Wrote: I do appreciate your addressing of my concern, but no offense, every GM in this league would eat a late second forfeiture, a small cap penalty, and a loss of pay to get a win in Challenge Cup Game 7

Two things I want to highlight in response to this. For one, ike a good number of rules listed in the SHL Rulebook we have the opportunity to scale punishments on a case by case basis based on their severity, just take a look at yesterday's Serpe punishment as an example for that. The calls we make aren't blind to context and the reality that EVERY infraction, even infractions of the same rule, are going to be different. GMs who do this in a game 7 to snipe a series, or in the finals, or both, would very likely receive a punishment more fitting for the context of that situation. We're not going to dish the same punishment to all cases and ignore the fallout of that infraction based on situation. I think the only rule listed in the rulebook we would handle in that way would be forum rules in regards to conduct/language, and even then we scale those up in more severe/blatant cases.

Secondly, while Head Office is closing the book on this specific situation, we are still actively working with simmers for a way to make sure this rule in the future is punished in a preventative manner rather than a reactive one. What I mean by that is we're doing our best to enable the team to deal punishments for GMs/Management Groups who attempt to do this, rather than punishing them for it after the fact. We'll have more details on that as it becomes available to us.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Messages In This Thread
New Orleans Specters Punishment Update - by nour - 05-02-2020, 05:58 PM
RE: New Orleans Specters Punishment Update - by nour - 05-02-2020, 08:25 PM