Create Account

Big Wanger's Press Conference
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 12:45 PM by Ferda.)

05-22-2020, 07:43 PMNeonLime Wrote: “Any relation to Wang LiQin?”
I had no idea about this, but I talked to my parents and it turns out that I have very distant relatives back in China where one they sprouted out a fellow Wang that played hockey. I had only heard stories about this guy growing up and how he was a great player and it was unfortunate that they had lost contact with each other after he left the country for hockey. I had no idea that it turned out to be Wang LiQin @Gooney because I would’ve expected him to use an alias to mask his real name in LiQin. They told me that he was great with balls and was a stellar soccer player growing up. They were saying how he was on track to become China’s most famous soccer player and surpass Ronaldinho in his prime. Unfortunately, this was all back when there were no highlights, so I wasn’t able to see Wang LiQin’s ball handling skills in action, but I’m glad he’s had success in the SHL. His parents emphasized that he was very interested in American culture which led him to watch a lot of American sports such as hockey. Wang LiQin started watching star Asian players such as Paul Kariya and Richard Park in the NHL, which began his love for scoring goals and celebrating just like his fellow Asians. This eventually led to him somehow running away to Canada and miraculously gained Canadian citizenship. There is much to find out about Wang LiQin and I hope I can get in touch with him, but ever since he’s retired he has been completely off the grid. He wasn’t that communicative or vocal about himself, so I think I’ll have to leave it as a shot in the dark. Wang LiQin, if you’re out there, your family misses you and we hope you come out of your retirement home to tell us your story and reconcile the people that love you.

05-22-2020, 07:59 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: “Michaud Wang when?”
Hey man, let me tell you about how good the weather is in the summer in Buffalo… You fucking left me to go do performance enhancing drugs with your entire SHL team to win a chip man. Kind of weird dude, but I get the motive. At least the boat gang won one too, so there’s that. But to answer your question… who knows man, who knows. :simonHmm:

05-22-2020, 08:02 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: “Longtime watcher of your career, couple of questions,”

1.) “Biggest impressions on the most recent SHL season?”

2.) “Best moment in the SHL?”

3.) “Can I get a discount code?”
Wow, thanks a lot man. It’s good to hear from different people in the community and I’m happy to have you here to pick my brain on whatever you have on your mind. I apologize if my message doesn’t get through to you past the back to back chips you won in Montreal and Carolina though. ?
  • Biggest impressions on the most recent SHL season?
I think the biggest thing that I’ve felt this season is that there was always something more that I could do to help the team win. I’m not trying to complain about the minutes I was getting at all. It’s more of a knock on myself for not taking those steps and feeling caged in when I wasn’t making the most of the minutes that I was able to play. Playing a depth role on a team as strong and successful as the Buffalo Stampede is very difficult as a hot prospect entering the league because there was definitely a lot of culture shock in that I was once again a tiny fish in a big pond. However, the cliché that winning fixes everything was super apparent here as I got increasingly comfortable in my role which helped fuel my desire to win. I’ll be honest and say that it was very difficult at first, but all of the guys in the locker room would start to take note of the little things that I would do and try to add it to their game. I think that’s the great part about my Buffabros because they aren’t afraid to admit that they’re wrong at times. I’d also be lying that this doesn’t happen all the time, I know they can be stubborn idiots like myself too, so it’s a good balance of both which keeps the room fresh and the guys on edge when they need to be. Overall, I’d say this season my numbers may not have stood out at all, but I’m happy with my place on the team and look forward to having more success with these guys. I learned a lot from all of them and it’s pretty crazy to think about what I can do with my upcoming promotion to the second pairing.
  • Best moment in the SHL?
Well, this one is a no brainer for me. My favorite moment in the SHL to date is definitely defeating Gone Wild “Gabriel @Gwdjohnson ” Johnson’s Hamilton Steelhawks in the Season 52 SHL Playoffs. I got called up for the last couple of games in the series and it was awesome to finally stick it to the man who nearly ruined my SMJHL career during and after his time on the Anchorage Armada. Sure, I only played 3 minutes in the entire series, but you know what they say right? Quality over quantity. Also, the quality of his championships is also debatable too, but I’ll leave that for next time.
  • Can I get a discount code?
I’m sorry man, but SHL Kush isn’t looking to sponsor anymore people at the moment right now. Maybe some time in the future. I'll let them know that you're interested and they'll get back to me with any potential opportunities. When they decided to sponsor me in my rookie season, they were taking a huge leap and it paid dividends for them to the point that their site is pretty much never online. If didn’t know, when the servers started to stabilize for a short amount of time, they decided that it was a good idea to sign my fellow Armada alumni Daniel Bischoff @dylanjj37 of the Edmonton Blizzard and gave him a discount code in db20. Turns out, he was actually able to negotiate an additional 5% onto his discount code that came out of his paycheque so that his fans would be able to save more than me on their purchase. I couldn’t believe it, but I guess I can’t argue with the guy who won an MVP in the SMJHL and the leading scorer title. If you want to save more and support my boy Danny then go ahead and use db20+5, but if you’re a real one then you’ll continue to use WANG20 on your orders at SHLKush.com.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Messages In This Thread
Big Wanger's Press Conference - by Ferda - 05-22-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by sve7en - 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by Gooney - 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by 5ympathies - 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by bluesfan55 - 05-22-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by honkerrs - 05-22-2020, 03:18 PM