Create Account

Mark Rycroft, The Colorado Avalanche, and his hateful statements

06-02-2020, 10:02 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:10 PMWaters Wrote: Holy shit, what? Do you even know what the daily show is? Scratch that, do you even know what late night television is? This is a ridiculous statement on its own as Trevor Noah explaining social contract theory isn’t finding a solution to racism, or whatever your ridiculous analogy is supposed to mean.

The even dumber part is you somehow found a way to gloss over the fact that relating these things to the common person is literally his job! That’s every late night host’s job! They don’t hire comedians to do these shows because they make haha funny with their mouths, it’s because comedians know how to speak about these issues in a way that they can be related to, thought about, learned from.

Do you think stand-up is making fart jokes and talking about big penis cum? You’d be hard-pressed to find stand-up comedy that doesn’t touch on politics on some level, because that’s what people can universally laugh at if the joke is funny enough. I’m sure it exists, but it’s rare. To say comedians shouldn’t explain these things at all is bonkers, much less a talk show host. Who should explain it then? Bob the UNM sociologist that no one has heard of with 1000 Twitter followers, or a person with a team of researchers, writers, fact-checkers, and also the testimony of Bob the UNM sociologist?

And that’s not even discussing the insanity of your sentence right before that, where you go “I don’t know what this thing is because understanding what I’m arguing against is for virgins, but if it’s being used to argue against me, it’s probably bad.”

Thank god you support BLM though
This is about as coherent as late show hosts are when they try to explain to their audience that Trump is Satan incarnate. Try again.
so this would mean very coherent, yes? and that it generally makes sense?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark Rycroft, The Colorado Avalanche, and his hateful statements - by GeckoeyGecko - 06-02-2020, 10:05 PM