Create Account

SMJHL Award Naming Rights: A Research Project

I love this Smile Absolutely fantastic work as someone who lived the history of the SHL and loves to celebrate the building of the league into what it is today, articles like this are awesome. So much dedication and work on your part, great job. +rep

It's funny because awards are named after individuals who were influential in early years of the league, but many have kind of disappeared over the years or may not be considered to be as important now. I don't personally like changes award names except when an individual has disgraced the league or has done some damage (i.e. Fernando Garcia in the SHL, or possibly Ideen Fallah here).

I know I'm the furthest thing from dedicated now lol, but when this award was named in S20ish I think I was involved in the J for 14 of my 15 seasons in the league and 14 of the 19 full seasons the league had experienced to that point, was an SMJHL commissioner between S10 and S17 when we developed the name change, the send down rules starting with minor league affiliation eventually changed to what we have today, the recruitment drive, and the awards committee.

It's kinda lame to think about how this award is named after myself though when we have had so many dedicated members to both the SHL and SMJHL in this time, people who definitely did more than I ever did, but I guess in S20 it made sense. Sorry to everyone who is disappointed that you are winning an award named after a fairly inactive SHL member who only pops by to make a funny post once in a while. Maybe I'll come back strong soon, see if I can win that Zach Miller award one last time Wink

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SMJHL Award Naming Rights: A Research Project - by JumpierPegasus - 06-03-2020, 11:15 AM