Create Account

[Serious] TPE cap in junior (Let us build)

07-08-2020, 04:26 PMgrok Wrote:
07-08-2020, 03:29 PMsve7en Wrote: The cap helps those people though. They remain competitive compared to the people that have double their tpe?

right. the existence of the cap helps rookies be competitive in their first season. the progression of that cap gives long-term SMJHL players meaningful progression in their later seasons. for a first-gen who doesn't know what the SHL experience is like, experiencing progression in every single season is so critical. a good locker room and quality GMs only goes so far when top-earning first-gens can cap out before the first game of their sophomore season.

and this all comes from someone who created a goalie, capped out in the first week of season 2, then almost completely neglected their player after season 4 because they didn't experience any player growth. i say all this because i experienced all this and almost left the site because of it.

the SMJHL cap needs to exist and i don't think it needs to be increased dramatically, but it is 100% factual that restricting agency will always always always be a negative experience. the cap will always be an agency restriction no matter how we implement it, even if it benefits the whole. it's HO's responsibility to manage that negative experience by providing windows for growth, because player growth is directly linked to user engagement at every level of the site.

that's what i'm litigating here--not the existence of the cap, but how we can use windows for growth to most effectively improve the experience for junior and senior year SMJHL players, especially first-gen players

You also experienced the shl dream in your first season :(

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Serious] TPE cap in junior (Let us build) - by SlashACM - 07-08-2020, 05:20 PM