Create Account

Ranking the IIHF teams by their country's national dish

07-13-2020, 09:41 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: One: Russia doesn't even pronounce it "borscht" - that seems to be a Bulgarian interpretation of the letter щ. We spell it борщ (same spelling) and pronounce it like "borsh" but with the final sh kind of mixed in with a y sound, and normally spell it in English as borshch (referencing the historical pronunciation of щ as "shch") or less commonly as borsch. I get why English speakers spelled it the way they do, but it's not the way Russians pronounce it at all.

Two: Hate it? Try okroshka, shchi (a cabbage soup), pirogi, or maybe kompot. Kompot's pretty well known.

Second-to-last place is disgusting. I demand a refund of my time reading this article.

I'll send you a burger as a refund, just let the bald eagle where to drop it off at.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the IIHF teams by their country's national dish - by Wearingabear - 07-13-2020, 10:43 PM