Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Opening lines for my speech:

"Hi kids,

Some of you may recognize me; I'm Cal Labovitch, recently called up by the Minnesota Chiefs to play in the SHL and a current member of our Swiss national hockey team. A little over 4 years ago I left this school, this town, this country. I got drafted into the SMJHL with the Detroit Falcons and got my shot at living my dream: to be a professional hockey player. Four years later, that dream is still very much alive.

The school board has sent me a letter at the start of last season, learning they heard I won a cup and was making quite name for myself in Detroit, asking me to come visit this place again and offer you all some advice. Kids, I've never been the greatest student, I wasn't the smartest, or even the strongest. But I'll be damned if I didn't make sure I was the hardest working when it came to reaching my goals. Ever since I was young, got my first pair of skates and held a stick I wanted nothing more than to be a professional athlete. To spend my life playing hockey. And here I am, after working hard to reach my goals I've made it one step closer to that goal. And whatever your goal is, whoever you want to be and whatever you want to do, if you believe in yourself and work hard for it you can get there. And even if you don't, and it doesn't work out perfect, the learning experience will make you a bigger, better person."

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by Mutedfaith - 07-27-2020, 08:21 AM