Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Written Portion B: Excerpt from speech

"Resilience. Work ethic. Challenge yourself. Challenge yourself to become better and better everyday no matter what you do. For me, it was waking up earlier than the other guy, hitting the rink and pushing myself until I had nothing left each and everyday. For you, that might mean studying more, while everyone is outside playing, grab a book and read; learn! Set your goals and force yourself to do great things in pursuance of those goals every day. Sometimes, no, it won't be fun. This is where the resilience and work ethic comes in. You may be tired, you may be out of breath, you may say it's not worth it to go further. Don't give up. Don't give in. Push through that barrier of uncomfortableness and drive straight to that wall knowing when you come out on the other side you'll be better off for it and that much closer to your ultimate achievement. You are young, you will make mistakes. Life is about making mistakes but then learning what went wrong and avoiding making those same mistakes in the future. Look for guidance from your parents, friends and peers. Life isn't meant to be done alone, it can't be done alone. Allow others in, push towards your goal each and every day and you will be successful. I promise."

(221 words)

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by takethehorizon - 07-27-2020, 10:21 AM