Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Written Option B (150 words min.): Provide an excerpt of your speech - either from the main portion or the Q&A that follows.

"Have to say, the road to the "big leagues" was quite remarkable. Along the way you meet a lot of people who want you to succeed and be the best version of yourself not only on the ice, but off as well. And there is also a lot of people who are rooting for your failure and inability to reach your goals. While I was in transitioning from the local league in Sweden, a few months after I moved there from Latvia, to SMJHL where I was drafted, a lot of people doubted my ability to perform on a bigger stage. The first year did get to me as you might see from my stat line. The stats were not good, individually. But together we built this squad from young blood and some what "veterans" and got what we all wanted. And pretty fast in our careers as well. I guess what I wanted to say with this was, that you don't need to doubt yourself if the stats are not there, but if the team, as a whole, performs and every time you step on the ice you do your part, no matter on the offensive end or defensive, you can reach a lot of success. After that first season I am now ready to step on the front lines of my new team and..."

[226 words]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by Jogurtaa - 07-29-2020, 12:50 PM