Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

As I'm not very good at knowing what to say or preparing speeches. I had the New England Wolfpack's public relations manager co-write my speech. I came up with the general idea about talking about my childhood, my early hockey years and I specifically wanted to focus on the big leap of moving across the world to play professional hockey.

When it was time for my speech I had also prepared a slideshow with a few pictures and articles from my time in the US. From when I was first drafted, to my first game in the SHL with the New England Wolfpack. I surprised myself with how steady my voice was through most of the speech. I did not have too many hiccups and the kids even laughed at my jokes which was a huge relief.

I was told there were multiple hockey players in the audience that day, and even got an email from a parent mentioning that their kid just couldn't stop talking about me after school that day.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by kenvald - 07-29-2020, 10:33 PM