Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Rhys Pritchard has been asked to return to his alma mater Islwyn High School near his hometown of Markum, Wales to give an inspirational speech. Being a hockey player from a small town in a small country whose primary sports focus is rugby and football, Rhys feels that he can offer a different perspective to the students about perseverance. Pritchard just wrapped up an offseason where he won a Silver medal in IIHF and has recently made his SHL debut with the Toronto North Stars. He's not a confident public speaker, but he feels that he can relate to the circumstances of these students because it hasn't been long since he was one of them. "Markum is a small town in a small country that often gets overlooked as England's little brother. I plan to talk about the hard work, sacrifices and perseverance that got me to where I am and encourage them to work hard to achieve their goals. But I also plan to speak about Welsh pride and being proud of their identity."

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by notoriousTRON - 07-30-2020, 10:07 AM