Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Code:
Written Option A (150 words min.): What is the speech about? How are you going to try and inspire (or at least entertain) these kids? How does it go? Do you wind up mumbling on stage because you are a big buffoon who isn't can word good or are you an eloquent and captivating orator? Do you think the next [you] is out there in the audience listening?

I've never really been one to give speeches before but ever since I was given one of the alternate captains for the Winnipeg Jets, I've felt as thought I should get better at speaking. This one is particularly tough because being born and raised in Italy, most of these kids won't really understand anything about the sport of hockey. So the most relatable thing I can compare this to is soccer. My speech is going to be about how I moved to North America without my family and how hard it was to adapt because I know that many young soccer players also have to leave their homes when they are extremely young if they want to be successful in soccer. I'm going to try and inspire them by showing them that anything is possible if someone like me can do it. Since I'm still pretty young, I think I'm going to try and make it as funny as I can while connecting with the kids because I was in their spot not too long ago.

Code:
176 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by jason97 - 07-30-2020, 02:50 PM