Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Goku Muerto had a chance after the IIHF tournament to visit his home city of Reykjavik, Iceland. His old teacher asked him to visit the school he had attended as a youth to give some motivational speech to the current students. Goku was happy to meet with the children and talked to them about how his dream as a child was to play hockey in the SHL like his Uncle Riko, and the challenges that came along with it. "Nothing that is worth chasing is easy - I was only 14 when I left home because the opportunities to be a professional hockey player don't really exist in Iceland - it was scary to go to a new place but even when I was lonely and homesick, I knew that I couldn't give up on my dreams." When a student asked him about leaving Iceland and what it was like to go live in a new country, Goku responded, "The unfamiliar can be scary but if you give it some time, you start finding things you like and as you get to know people, you make friends. Home always home no matter where you go, and coming home is always awesome!" Then they kicked him off the stage because Fire Saga came on and even though they wanted to play their Eurovision song, the crowd demanded Ja Ja Ding Dong over and over! All in all, a happy homecoming for Goku!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by Muerto - 07-31-2020, 08:24 AM