Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 01:53 PM by awils13.)

Quote:Written Option B (150 words min.): Provide an excerpt of your speech - either from the main portion or the Q&A that follows.

When I was a kid like you, everyone, including my coaches, said I would never make it as a professional hockey player. They said I wasn't good enough. I had a decent wrist shot and wasn't terrible defensively, but that wouldn't be enough. I didn't know how to check the opposing players. I couldn't complete a successful pass to a teammate that was standing right in front of me. All I could do was shoot and play defense. When I declared for the smjhl draft, almost every scout said I would go undrafted, but Vancouver took a chance on me in the 4th round, and one season later I was drafted 17th overall by the Hamilton Steelhawks, now I'm sitting at 318 points in 312 shl games and hopefully my best seasons are in front of me.
So I hope my example will inspire you. If you don't have the skillset of a conventional SHL player, if all you want is to fight people and be a goon, if all you want is to agitate your opponents so they take more penalties, or maybe you just want to stand in the crease all game, that's fine, you can be all of that. Also Gabe is good.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by awils13 - 07-31-2020, 01:53 PM