Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Quote:Given your player's incredible success blossoming into an SHL superstar and a local hero, your old school has invited you back to give a very special talk to the current youth; they know how respected you are in the community and they know how much it would mean to those kids to hear from you in person. So during the offseason, at the beginning of the school year, you travel back to your hometown and visit the primary school/middle school/high school/university that you attended and give a speech to inspire the youth.

Written Option B (150 words min.): Provide an excerpt of your speech - either from the main portion or the Q&A that follows.

Adam: Alright, listen up kids. This is going to be tough to hear, but it's something that you need to know before you get out in the real world. And please, let this stay between you, the audience, and me, the speaker. Life is shit. I spent my entire career working toward a future in the SHL, went from being drafted in the late second round of the S49 SMJHL entry draft to going first overall in the S50 SHL draft. I’ve put in tons of hours at the gym, working on my shot, fitness, strength, skating, hitting, passing, you name it. I’ve broken my back to improve my ability to play the game of hockey, and where has it gotten me? One goal and four assists in twelve games. A minus 9 rating on the season.
I know what you’re thinking: you must not be getting minutes on the ice. Wrong. I’m averaging over twenty minutes a game, including nearly three minutes on the power play. My coaches are giving me the chance to succeed, my teammate are doing their best to put me in a position to score, and guess what’s happening? Shit all.

Teacher: Mr. Barron, please watch your language. These kids are young.

Adam: What’s happening? Doodoo all. I can’t hit the gosh darn net with any of my funky shots, and the silly see-you-enn-tees in the media have nothing better to do than fork me in my bottom. So just give up now, because it doesn’t---

Teacher: OK everyone, let’s have a round of applause for Mr. Barron, and then get ready for nap time. ■

[273 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by charlieconway - 08-02-2020, 07:26 PM