Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Heading back to my hometown of Turku, Finland to give a speech to the students at my former school is a huge honour. When talking to the kids, I will definitely impress on them the importance of following your dreams and always persevering, no matter how outlandish they may be. The statistics aren't favourable for trying to become a professional hockey player but I'm well on my way, and while some will try and won't make it, the only way to get there is to keep trying. Of course, the teachers will want me to remember to bring up the importance of focusing on your studies as well, and I will, because it really is important. Not just as a fallback, but to be a well-rounded person in the future regardless of what your career winds up being. I hope the next Lassi Suhonen is in the crowd, and it's quite likely given how many great players have come out of Turku - the only question is whether I'm the best hockey player from the school to give this talk. Probably not.

Code:
Words: 187

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began - by teztify - 08-02-2020, 08:49 PM