Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement

08-15-2020, 01:17 AMhockeyiscool Wrote:
08-14-2020, 08:00 PMjeffie43 Wrote: You know how huge this is when he spent longer working on the video than he did trading players he just put on the block
Just bringing you up to speed because I don't know if this info made it to you. To my knowledge the SFP trades were done because the team had a Salary Cap illegal team (over budget) and they were working to create a Cap legal roster when the role got thrown on them with something like 24 hours to do so...I was also guilty on being slightly critical of the movement of players.
Eyebrow Uhh, idk who is telling you that, I'm yet to hear that excuse. SFP sent out 19M by my count. They brought back 17.5M (accounting for the send downs saving 2M). So saved 1.5M in cap space, the budget says they have 4.5M but doesn't have their cap penalty. With the 2M cap penalty levied that isn't reflecting in the budget they're at 2.5M, without the trades saving 1.5M, they have 1M left over if they didn't make any trades. Maybe I'm missing something along the way, but that's definitely not something they were dealing with, plus they had IFA bids that totaled 5M that could be cut as well to open space.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter:Expansion GM announcement - by JayWhy - 08-15-2020, 03:23 AM