Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement

08-15-2020, 04:03 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Okay over the years I was and continue to be one of the more staunch anti-HO practices people out there. I've slung my fair share of shit at the way that they handle things

But for this, there are so many fucking apps, and honestly no offense to you guys but at MINIMUM 60% of them aren't even worth looking at. Whether they are just bad apps, people with not near enough experience to ever be the choice for an expansion GM, or whether the team idea isn't good enough. I can say that as a former commish and HO member that some of the apps for fairly easy jobs were pretty bad too I can only imagine in a situation with more on the line such as expansion GM more apps get filtered out easier.

They are not going to interview everyone, there are people who got let go in the first, second, third rounds of cuts. They aren't getting an interview, that is not worth the HO's time if they have made up their mind the player isn't ready. Then maybe that leaves you with 15% of the apps left, which is maybe 5-6 people who realistically could be the choice. Maybe you reach out to 1 or 2 who you are on the fence about but ultimately you know these people. If they are making your top 5 they have a good app and they have proven themselves on the forum, in a league job, or on discord.

Do I agree there was a lack of pomp and circumstance? Yeah. That might be redeemed by the reveals of the teams, who knows. THat is the one complaint that it felt like the new expansion was the same as hiring someone for a graphics grading job in terms of pomp. But I do not fault SHL HO for not reaching out to every applicant. Honestly most of your apps are not good enough

Or you don't have the experience. I've said this once and I'll say this again, you will not be hired for an expansion GM role unless you have straight up years of experience under your belt. It is one of the hardest jobs in the entire league. Expansion has burned out some good members of this league with how hard it has been to build up a team whether it's the expansion in S5, S11, S25, or whether it's the expansion in S56 here. It isn't easy and honestly I wouldn't wish expansion GM on my worst enemy. There is a reason they probably cut down that list to almost nothing right away.

Don't get discouraged, but also don't expect to be reached out to that you didn't get it. By looking in the thread with the announcement you know you didn't get it. HO has a lot of things to deal with that isn't reaching out to 50+ members to tell them each personally they didn't get the job. It's unfortunate but it's just true.

Anyway down with HO, more transparency, #JP4HO, commishes are bitches, eat the rich, etc. etc.
post this essay in the media section

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter:Expansion GM announcement - by dankoa - 08-15-2020, 08:06 PM