Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 02:40 AM by teztify.)

08-15-2020, 07:16 PMMutedfaith Wrote:
08-15-2020, 11:38 AMCount Chocula Wrote: Why waste time telling 50 people No, when they'll find out they didn't get the job in the announcement post.
Because we're all human beings investing our time in this game; it will literaly cost you like 30 seconds per app and make you not look like a bag of dicks.

Nothing as frustrating in here as applying for something you want, and not even getting a response to acknowledge your application. 

But I guess in some less developed countries it is normal practice to not respond to job applications.

It’s not enough for HO to run the league and navigate expansion - they have to become a developed country now?

That really shitty take about members’ homes aside...

The HO are also human beings investing significant time into this game, into this hobby. It’s a job that unfortunately detracts from the enjoyment of the game a lot, because everything is always your fault. Very few things in this league can be a civil suggestion or disagreement, and rarely is improvement cared about when it’s still not perfection. It’s unfortunate.

In the discussions I’ve heard about Corey being very willing to have, they take much longer than 30 seconds. I know Core, I know he’s thorough. There’s no interest in sending half-assed responses, because whether you claim they would or not - they’re never well received.

There’s just something off in this idea that because you spend a lot of time on the site, HO owes you something. HO spends a lot of time on the site, they spent a lot of time working out this expansion and plenty of other things.

For that time invested, doesn’t HO deserve to not be treated like a bag of dicks?

Many in this thread are showing some really unfortunate sides of themselves and, in my eyes, have really shown why the right choices for hires were made. They’ve also shown why any “sorry not this time” message would’ve been met with the same vitriol.

I get that some people think feedback should be commonplace. Maybe it should. But I’ve spoken to several members of the site who have done that from hiring positions for other jobs, who have continuously been met with responses to those messages that they weren’t cared for.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter:Expansion GM announcement - by teztify - 08-16-2020, 02:38 AM