Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

When talking about MVP after about two third of the season, it sometimes is hard to pick out only one player. In fact, at this time of the year, I am thinking about four different players being in the mix for the Ideen Fallah Trophy. The four candidates are playing on only three different teams though. They are RW Chris de Siren from Anchorage Armada, C Linus Grimstad from the Carolina Kraken and two players from the Newfoundland Berserkers, namely RW Ryuuji Minamino and C Mats Marner. I broke it down to this four players mostly because of the points they scored. The two Berserker scored 42 points, de Siren and Grimstad both scored 41. The only four players in the league with over 40 points already, as far my researches aren‘t wrong. Out of this four players I would currently see de Siren and Grimstad slightly ahead of the other two, only because of the fact that they don‘t have another top scorer on the team. That‘s the luxury problem the Berserkers have, if two players battle for the MVP crown, who is the MVP on their team in first place? Chris de Siren is the leader of the Armada, and puts their attack on a new level. Grimstad is his counterpart on the Kraken. Both would highly deserve to win the trophy, let‘s see how the season finish changes the picture of the MVP race.

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player - by sakrosankt - 08-17-2020, 05:35 AM