Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2020, 11:42 AM by Arayvenn.)

I believe Mats Marner from the Newfoundland Berserkers will win The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP. Not only is Mats tied for the league lead in scoring with his own winger, out of every forward in the top 10 I think you could argue he has the most complete game and is the biggest difference maker for NL. While boasting an absurd shooting percentage of 20%, he also contributes to their physical game, racking up more hits than any other Berserker forward other than Patric Twist. Mats is also a possession monster and gives the puck away about as frequently as he steals it. He can be played in all situations and is a big part of Newfoundland's excellence this year and I think he's a lock to be a finalist. That being said, there are a couple honorable mentions from the expansion teams I wanted to highlight as the other posts in this thread have done a good job covering some of the other top scorers in the league. The first being Alexander Roach from Quebec, who is already becoming one of the very best 2-way centres in the league and boasts the highest overall GR of anyone in the league. The other expansion honorable mention I want to mention is Phillip Weaver, goaltender for the Nevada Battleborn. You may think it's silly to mention the starting goalie of a last place team that's already given up 160 goals, and I'm under no delusion he'll win but he has had some absolutely incredible games and has one of the brightest futures in the J imo. Weaver is facing 40 shots every game, more than any other goalie in the league and has had multiple 50 save games this season. He has kept NBB in multiple games we had no business still being in and is one of the easier Team MVPs to pick out in the league.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player - by Arayvenn - 08-17-2020, 11:40 AM