Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

I think for MVP I am going to go a different direction with it and talk about two of the top goalies as well for the Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP. For me MVP is what it sounds like is the most valuable player. I think in some cases goalies unfortunately get overlooked in this category as people seem to focus on who does all of the scoring instead of also focusing on who prevents the scoring. For goalies we have the goalies on ANC and NL who both have a GAA under two which is very rare in the fairly high scoring SMJHL. Cale Amundsen to me edges out Scoochie Stratton because of overall team preformance. while Scoochie does have one more shutout then Cale, he also one more lost in one less game. I believe the Cale keeping the goals out and keeping games competitive if not winnable gives him the edge. Also I would have to look at their head to head to determine who was the MVP especially if Scoochie picked up against Cale and allowed them to have a better head to head. Besides goalies I'd also nominate one forward who to me is a bit above the rest and that is Mats Marner. While tied with the league league in points. He leads the league not only in goals but also with shooting percentage scoring once per 5 shots which to me is ridiculous. If the award is not given to one of the two goalies I would look to give it to Marner for all of the offensive stats that he is leading in the league in.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player - by Andy - 08-17-2020, 04:38 PM