Create Account

S55 PT #4 - OK What's Your Expansion Team Idea

I don’t think there’s any point in the foreseeable future that I would be seen as a valid SHL GM. But if I had to choose one, I’d likely choose a larger mid-Atlantic city, largely avoiding the largest and most obvious options like D.C., New York City, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh (the latter only because I’m a Ravens fan and couldn’t in good conscience support a Pittsburgh team). That doesn’t leave a lot of options – especially since the likes of Baltimore and Buffalo are already taken – but would leave Rochester, NY as a viable alternative and a thorn in the side of my current SHL team, Buffalo. I think having an intense same-state rivalry would do decent things for the SHL, and since Buffalo is one of the SHL’s current most successful franchises, it’d have to suffer as the ‘little brother’ franchise before getting its revenge.

I’d call it the Rochester Freedom – a nod to the city’s extensive history in liberating and empowering those who could not previously fend for themselves. Indeed, the likes of Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass spent many of their most productive years in Rochester in spite of its ‘small’ name relative to the likes of Philadelphia or Washington, D.C.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #4 - OK What's Your Expansion Team Idea - by Renomitsu - 08-17-2020, 09:07 PM