Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

For me there are two aspects which I look when thinking about who would be a great MVP. The first thing is that a player really needs to be clearly most valuable player for his own team. The second thing is that MVP's team must be somehow successful.

I scrolled through stats and found some candidates. I mainly just looked at points total and found out that there are four players who has at least eight points more than the second best player in their team. Those four players are LW Ethan Price (ANA), RW Chris De Siren (ANC), C Linus Grimstad (CAR) and C Alexander Roach (QCC). Roach has 11 points more than Quebec's second best scorer, Grimstad's advantage is 10 points and Price + De Siren are eight points ahead their teammates. Because Roach's team (and the team I play too) is dead last in Eastern Conference, I can not give the MVP title to Roach. Price's Anaheim is fourth in West but that is the limit I can accept so he stays as a candidate. De Siren's Armada leads its conference and Grimstad's Kraken is on the second place.

Of those three players left, Grimstad has as a number one center 44 points in 38 games. Nineteen goals and 25 assists. De Siren has also 44 points but one goal less. Price's stats are 17+20 but when you look at the points of the second best forward in that team, gap is a massive 13 points to Ryu Jones who has 10 goals and 14 assists. Anaheim's second best scorer is LD James LeBlond but you could argue that without Price's points as a clear star forward, Anaheim would not be in TOP4 position in its conference so that's why my pick is Ethan Price.

[Image: salming.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player - by Salming - 08-18-2020, 04:19 AM