Create Account

S55 PT #4 - OK What's Your Expansion Team Idea

For the location, the first one that immediately came to mind for me was my new home city of Victoria, British Columbia. Until the Seattle Argonauts came along, there was no SHL team currently occupying a Pacific Northwest city, and Seattle or Portland were too easy, so Victoria it is. The city has a ready-made if small arena in the Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena, which seats about 7,000, and a dedicated fanbase already that can draw from the whole island.

For the name, my one condition for picking it was that it was not aquatic in nature. The SHL and SMJHL already have the Whalers, Argonauts and Armada up and down the West Coast. Anything with Lions or Royal theming is also off the table to avoid conflict with the San Francisco Pride and the WHL's Victoria Royals. While Vancouver Island has a very prevalent population of cougars, that name is obviously off the table because of the Los Angeles Panthers. For that reason, the name of the team would be the Victoria Marmots. The Vancouver Island marmot is an endangered species that lives only on the island, and is an iconic species in the area, having been depicted in the form of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics mascot Mukmuk and the Royals' current mascot Marty.

As for the colours, the flag of the city of Victoria is a sky blue with a coat of arms on it, so the uniforms would be sky blue and gold. The coat of arms would be one shoulder patch on the uniforms, and the British Columbia flag on the other shoulder.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 PT #4 - OK What's Your Expansion Team Idea - by boom - 08-20-2020, 11:09 AM