Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

It seems clear at this point that the MVP must be someone from Newfoundland, and while there are two major standout candidates in Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino, it should be obvious that Mats Marner will be the ultimate winner. Boasting 24 goals to Ryuuji's 19, as well as being a point ahead, lends much to his value as potential winner. There's still more than enough time for Ryuuji to make a push and overtake his teammate, but as things sit now it's hard to argue against Marner. Another leading candidate is surely Linus Grimstad of Carolina, with 21 goals and 29 assists for 50 points. While he is clearly behind the other two, the fact that Marner and Minamino play on the same team may lower their individual value for an individual award, while Grimstad is the sole representative of his team, which may make his accomplishments seem more impressive. Any of these three would ultimately be a good choice, and I don't think anyone would be upset with any of the three winning the award at the end of the season. For my part, I would expect it to go to Marner.

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player - by IAmAGoatAMA - 08-21-2020, 06:14 AM