Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

Personally, I think there are a ton of worthy candidates for Most Valuable Player this season. However, I think that it is going to be crowned to someone from the Newfoundland Berserkers, and more specifically, between Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino. Both have lead their team to the fewest amount of losses in the entire SMJHL, as well as being first and second in overall total points. While Marner has put the puck in the back of the net five more times, Minamino has assisted his teammates more, which explains why the Berserkers are red hot right now leading up to the playoffs. On the other hand, Linus Grimstad of the first place Carolina Kraken, is having an exceptional season. Coming in at third overall total points, second overall in assists, and fourth overall in goals, he is another 50+ points earner that cannot be counted out of the race. If I had to personally pick one at this very moment, I would go with Mats Marner because he ranks in the top three in the biggest categories: third in assists, second in goals, and first in total points.

189 WORDS

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player - by bigbluex02 - 08-21-2020, 09:13 AM