Create Account

The SHL Goalie Logjam Explained: Message to HO

09-23-2020, 02:22 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: ISFL seems to do fine allowing wacky shit like a quarterback switching to offensive lineman so I don't think it would hurt too much aside from maybe record keeping on the careers of people who do? I'd take that hit to not screw over goalie creates who have basically no chance of a long term career starter spot.

I like this. Back in the NSFL (pre-ISFL name change) I was a QB that moved to WR during pre-season due to the positional logjam. So possibly something similar where the user can do a one-time per career (maybe like IIHF positional switch to a skater. It's allowed for F to go D and vice-sersa but goalies are just... stuck at the position. And sure they can recreate in a new position, but that's TPE lost and time wasted for their effort.

charlieconway Wrote:Mandate at least 12 games a season for backups. Also, consider having them on their own contract tier system, so we don't get to the twisted (and IMO inevitable) point where teams will be hurt for having a high TPE starter.

There aren't enough games in the season to warrant that, maybe if we had 60,70 or 82 games then you might have a case for even up to 20 backup games. Anyone who creates a goalie already gets less career games than a skater. I understand we're trying to emulate the NHL but at the end of the day fun is the more important aspect. Watching a player play significantly less than others is just a turn-off for anyone creating at the position.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The SHL Goalie Logjam: Message to HO - by Zoone16 - 09-23-2020, 03:04 PM