Create Account

The SHL Goalie Logjam Explained: Message to HO
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 03:19 PM by Zoone16.)

09-23-2020, 03:07 PMRagnar Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:04 PMZoone16 Wrote: I understand we're trying to emulate the NHL but at the end of the day fun is the more important aspect. Watching a player play significantly less than others is just a turn-off for anyone creating at the position.

Exactly. Had I know I'd be backing up another goalie for my first two seasons of SMJHL, spending max time in SMJHL, then probably backing up a goalie for the first three or four seasons at least in the SHL, I would've made a forward. But now I've sunk a season's worth of work and ~$15m toward TPE for my goalie, so I don't just want to retire and recreate.

Yeah. My overall rules suggestion would be to give a once per career position swap to goalies that have never played a single SHL game. If F & D can swap once in their career, why are goalies just stuck dealing with it.

QUICK EDIT: this rule would be similar to IIHF rules where players can do a one-time nation swap if they haven't played a game for their nation.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The SHL Goalie Logjam: Message to HO - by Zoone16 - 09-23-2020, 03:17 PM