Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 07:42 PM by Lime.)

There are lots of significant places in SHL history. The original six teams are Calgary, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Wisconsin, and West Kendall. Obviously it shouldn't be in  West Kendall, and Wisconsin died after 4 minutes so those don't make a ton of sense. Which leaves us with Winnipeg, Calgary, Toronto, and Hamilton. Between Toronto and Hamilton, I don't think we need a Hall of Fame competing with the inferior NHL one already located in Toronto. Winnipeg has a good claim, being the very first Challenge Cup winners and a huge part of shaping the league's course in the early days. There is Calgary, who have won a record tying 8 Challenge Cups in history, and have been a dominant team since the beginning. But that opens up discussion for Edmonton, who are the co-holders of that record while appearing in two more Challenge Cup finals. Edmonton first appeared in season 2, so they might not exactly have the historical foothold Calgary gets with being an original six. In summary, I think the final decision is very close between Calgary and Winnipeg. Winnipeg has 6 Cup wins which is actually still top tier, which takes away a bit from Calgary's dominance angle. Winnipeg is also closer to the east coast. There's not a huge west coast presence in this league, just the California teams, Alberta teams, and now Seattle. I would have to give the win to Winnipeg based on these facts. I think everyone would be happy with that except maybe their rivals in Calgary and Edmonton, and it would be a morale boost to the Jets who need a little something to get back into the upper echelon of teams again.

Outside choices? Putting literally anything in Ohio would appease the weird Ohioan freaks that keep trying to move Buffalo to Cleveland or whatever the hell. Having the Hall in Las Vegas would be really fun and bring back memories of the good ol' Las Vegas Kings. Montreal is a place the has been really neglected by the SHL. Perhaps they should take the Hall and we can continue to never have an SHL franchise there.

Maybe Wisconsin is a real target? They could feel out interest in SHL hockey there and potentially move to Wisconsin in a future expansion. It's certainly time for the Monarchs... er uh something else to return to the league.

Ok just put the thing in Winnipeg where it belongs. Hopefully they don't relocate.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it - by Lime - 12-13-2020, 07:02 PM