Create Account

The true "Parity Issue" in the league

11-19-2021, 10:00 AMVandy Wrote: I very rarely come to the discussion area because well I don't really have much to say. But reading through this thread it pretty well sums up how I've been feeling lately about the league.

When I joined, I was in love with this place. I'm a pretty shy guy so I was worried about meeting new people but once I got to Buffalo and Colorado which were my 1st 2 teams I was greeted very well, treated very well and it set the bar for me going forward on what I could expect.  God love em, Winnipeg and Edmonton, the other 2 teams I played for with my first create they gave it their best shot but never came close to how tight knit things feel like in Buffalo.

I first started to notice things were amiss about the time I got traded to Winnipeg. My player went from a 3rd paring guy to a 2nd pairing guy on his way up and then we switched to FHM and my player cratered. Teams teams like Buffalo and Hamilton who were already strong seemed like they got stronger overnight and teams like Winnipeg and Edmonton who had active players who maybe didn't play FHM as much immediately middled out.

So I thought OK, maybe its me, when I recreate I will try to be the sniper that I always wanted to be. So when I created my 2nd guy I sought build help from people on my junior team, which I didn't do with my first create, to make me into a sniper. That worked, for a little while. I did very well in juniors and then once I got to the senior leagues again I found myself again molding into a player choice I didn't want in order to just be able to play.

Now here I am middling around again on the fringes and I have to tell you I absolutely hate it. I hate coming here anymore. It's the same thing every week. Get TPE to mold myself into a player that I don't want to be in order to look attractive to my team in order to get ice time or to other teams trying to build a competitive team against teams that are playing on god mode.

So that unfortunately leaves me with a couple of options. I've tried very hard to move up in this league either in the offices or as a WJC/IIHF GM or somewhere and have gotten nowhere.  It's not for want of trying just I guess I don't have the pull or the connections that some folks do. I thought it was pretty ironic that the recent call for juniors Home Office folks was relatively ignored it was relatively ignored until a plea was put out and then people who have done the job before or were already senior in the league were picked which It's pretty well proved the point that senior folks would always be picked over junior folks.

I could keep coming here everyday and doing TPE stuff and checking the index and trying to figure out how I could be better but I've been doing that for the last almost year now and I still can't figure it out.

Or I could leave which I don't want to do but things here never seem like they change. Or they do but they change for the worse and not the better. I honestly don't see that anything is gonna come from this discussion other than it's a good place to lay cards on the table.

We're never going to go back to Simon T, But things are going to get worse and worse and worse with FHM  and with so much invested in it I understand that reverting or going elsewhere would be a significant loss of investment for a lot of folks. But something's gonna have to be done because today I found that I'm not the only person feeling like this and I'm just an insignificant nobody; and the more the fringe folks start feeling this way and deciding the league is not worth their time anymore then you guys are gonna have one hell of a problem.
I don't agree with a lot of this, but I agree with the point. We need to fix this parity issue or the league is going to contract.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The true "Parity Issue" in the league - by caltroit_red_flames - 11-19-2021, 02:37 PM