Create Account

S62 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:06 AM by Dhoop.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

If I was not on The Outlaws, I think The Armada would be a good fit. They have 3 great forwards in Jarrow, Novikov, and Afinogenov. I feel I could add depth on the Wing next to guys like Koivu and Tony. I feel if I was on the Armada I would make a impact early, I know it would take some time to get the ice time up but a goof fit and impact right away. Though the Armada are a solid team now, they have also brought in some rookies like Hardcastle and Dukemarriot II to give some youth. I believe my presence on the team would help their chances. They were so close this year and adding some more active depth can only help. The Armada are being managed really well and adding Lesgo would only be another mark on a long list of great moves for ANC.

Task #3 - 2 TPE

This was an easy choice. The team would be handing out commemorating special edition Sconnie McHits Bobble heads. In memory of the lost Forward (always in our prayers). This will be a silhouette of Sconnie with a black eye, hands raised, and missing teeth. Sconnie was a great line 1 playmaker and was never scared loosing some teeth in the process to feed Creller. We will be having this give away on our first game against DET in the new season. We will have a moment of silence before puck drop in remembrance of our lost loved one.

Task #4 - 2 TPE

Can the league get any more exciting than Miles O'Brian versus Sconnie McHits in the first round? These two are mimics of each other in their style of play. Both these players make great playmakers and a physical presence on their line. They both have great sense in the offensive zone. While O'Brian finished the year with 188 shots on goal with a 10.1%, Sconnie had 147 shots at a 16.3%. This match up will be all about who can get open and provide the most potential to score for their other line mates. We look to see both of these players in the WJC this year.

Task #5 - 3 TPE

There is no lack of drive when it comes to Lesgo Brandon and his work with charity. Each year Lesgo hosts an event for all military veterans and their families. He is greatly dedicated to helping veterans (being a veteran himself). The Lesgo Honor Them foundation is built to help veterans who need anything from basic housing or the families of soldiers overseas financially. Lesgo hosts a 1 night a year skate with the team fundraiser, where everyone is invited down to the rink to skate with the team. All proceeds go to the TLHT foundation to help veterans and families in need. With each ticket to skate, you earn a signed autograph rookie card from Lesgo and a personal photo with Lesgo on the ice. This foundation has been a huge part of Lesgo's legacy in his rise to stardom showing how much it means to take your success and help those less fortunate.

Task #6 - 3 TPE

My dream team from he Four Star Cup would be as follows:

Jalal ad Din Afinogenov - Being a top goal scorer this year would be a huge spot as the sniper for this trio or forwards. He finished with 35 goals at a huge 17.77% shooting.
Emeril Lagasse - Here is another big piece to this scoring trio. Emeril finished in the top 10 in goals and would be a big help on the other side of Jalal. Emeril had 14% shooting but added 97 hits and 37 assists what would help round out scoring and some physical play.
Spack Jarrow - Who else to dish these two snipers the puck? Spack is serving up assists at an alarming rate. He had 44 assists to be in the top 10 and help Afinogenov on a lot of his goals. these two have great chemistry and are a big reason I have them in my dream team.

Jay O'Neil - With such high scoring forwards you need the D man who can hold the line and keep it out of the D zone. O'Neil was tops in +/- and can be link to a lot of NF's success in goal differential. He would really help this dream team succeed.
Mikko Rashford - Mikko is perfect to round out the skaters. He brings a lot of offense to the defense side of the blue line. He has a cannon from the line and does well to see he ice and make passes to lead to goals.

Dominik Tretyak - The man himself! Tretyak is wall we need on this dream team. Finishing with the most wins, top 5 goals against average, and top 10 in total saves. Tretyak will supply the best chance for this dream team to win games.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

This year Lesgo had a pretty average statistically, and a very good year when it comes to team impact. The front office for ANA made huge steps this year to improve. I feel Lesgo came in and played up to the 2nd overall hype. Though statistically, it doesn't show in points but coming in on a rebuilding ANA team with one of the lowest average TPE for a team it was a good year. Lesgo made one of the 3 captains as a rookie this year voted on by the team. Next year Lesgo will start the season already at the cap. So it will be a good looking sophomore campaign for sure. There are still some tweaks to be made to the 350 cap build and movement on lines and arrangement for next year so there is always room for improvement. I would like Lesgo to start taking on a more active role next year possible picking up a open position.

Task #17 - 1-4 TPE

popcorn

Total: 17-20 (max 16)

[Image: XlUQV2V.png]

Messages In This Thread
S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Mutedfaith - 12-18-2021, 05:21 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by sköldpaddor - 12-18-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by BadWolf - 12-18-2021, 11:29 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by SabresFan - 12-18-2021, 02:44 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by McAl95 - 12-19-2021, 03:56 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Dhoop - 12-19-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Aurora - 12-20-2021, 12:29 PM