Create Account

S62 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2021, 12:36 PM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

Task #3:
"Commemorative hams?! You must be kidding, nobody would wear commemorative ham hats on their head during an SMJHL game! They're unruly, wide, incredibly ugly and all around... the perfect hockey merchandise!" The board meeting was a wild one to be sure, but leaving Rand al'Thor in charge of product integration and creation was sure to lead to some incredibly wild ideas and hat hams was the selection. They were cartoony, looking way too good to be real, incredibly oversized, sure to block the view of the person behind you and just a good time! They also were a kind shoutout to the greatest SMJHL GM of all time, Nhamlet.

Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

Rand al'Thor gives aid to thousands of underemployed or unemployed Canadians. He's recently come out by opening Randall Thor misnamed re-appropriation corporation for items that have misspelled names on them or names that need altering to fit your needs! When asked for comment he simply said: "There was a huge hole in the market, and I was born to fill this vacuum, among others. I look forward to helping people whose names are not as frequently seen celebrate their uniqueness." When asked where this idea came from, he pointed to the draft stream where he was dubbed Randall Thor, a bit of a tongue in cheek comment that is funny and also helping people. So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, people of all genders, ages, sizes and hair colours, be sure to come check out the Randall Thor Misnamed Re-Appropriation Corporation or RTMRC for short as soon as humanly possible for all your renaming needs!

Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

Now, my dream team may not be the best players, or even have members from both sides of the finals. You see, I had the extreme pleasure of being on the Newfoundland Berserkers this season, and experiencing this amazing locker room full of amazing people from top to bottom, it truly has been my dream team. So, in short, my dream team is the Berserkers, minus Vic, however we'll list the required positions shortly. The three starting forwards are Emeril Lagasse, a fantastic goal scorer and all around great person. Buck Kiethley, a stand out rookie picked well beneath his exceptional season he had and his immense TPE growth and Tommy Tightpants, the philosopher of the group and all around solid chap. At defense, we have future MVP, record setter, multiple challenge cup winner and soon to be 43rd overall pick in the SHL entry draft, Rand al'Thor, and Mikko Rashford, the man who taught me absolutely nothing because I did it all better than him. In goal is Jonas Johansson because, he's the GOAT.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

I'm going to just come out of the gate and say it, Rand al'Thor is the rookie of the year. People acknowledging Vic's 37 point season or Chris McZehrl the 11 millionth, are rightfully giving credit for a solid year. But 3 points between a forward and a defenseman, not to mention 10 points in his last 5 games is monstrous. The 5th overall pick, Rand al'Thor dominated and met expectations placed upon him by GM Nhamlet at the start of the year and showed he is here to stay. He deserves his dues and hopefully the award voting committee actually sees it. However, he further needs to focus on hitting the damn net and improving his defensive zone work, from a good active stick to help provide an even stronger team presence to helping the Berserkers repeat. He also needs to keep continuing to showcase strong leadership skills in his bid for assistant captain as well as helping inspire teammates to progress forward!

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
Tommy Tightpants is the best name of the series, absolutely hilarious. I also wore pants that were much too tight when I played hockey so I can commiserate with him. Truly an underrated struggle that is swept under the rug by mainstream media. An absolute legend, Tommy Tightpants is a fantastic legend of a name.
B. The Newfoundland Berserkers have won the opening two games of this series. How can they turn it around?
They can't, simply put. One does not simply walk in Newfoundland and figure out how to stop the unbeatable machine. Gods of Corsi themselves, with a legend in net and just a top to bottom amazing roster. The Berserkers are the unstoppable force and it should stay that way forever.
C. You're in another timeline where Vancouver and Carolina are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
If I had to guess, murder probably. I don't see how Carolina beats Newfoundland without it. Maybe the plague or being forced to forfeit the match up. Or perhaps even a mob threat forces them to tank the series to save their families and the entire country. Outside of that, I see no tangible way Carolina could have won.
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?
I've said it since day one, the difference in Newfoundland's mid tier finish last season and this one is rookie sensation Rand al'Thor. There was a 500 word article written on the subject detailing how ~~not vic~~ he helped push them over the edge and turned them into a true contender by adding another threat on the powerplay and physicality from the back end.

Messages In This Thread
S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Mutedfaith - 12-18-2021, 05:21 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by sköldpaddor - 12-18-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by BadWolf - 12-18-2021, 11:29 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by SabresFan - 12-18-2021, 02:44 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by McAl95 - 12-19-2021, 03:56 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Dhoop - 12-19-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by HabsFanFromOntario - 12-20-2021, 12:08 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Aurora - 12-20-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Sergeantens - 12-20-2021, 01:20 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by vic03 - 12-20-2021, 09:19 PM
RE: S62 SMJHL Championship Week - by Tesla - 12-21-2021, 06:36 PM