Create Account

Analyzing the S62 Alexis Metzler race using the Trips Bojo Score, Part 1

01-06-2022, 09:03 PMhhh81 Wrote:
01-05-2022, 12:27 AMPythonic Wrote: only thing i don't agree with is the TA/GA stuff, simply because in FHM if you're on a good team as a defensive dman you'll often have more takeaways than giveaways in general (in my experience), and that applies to basically all positions, i'm guessing it's because of how possession works in the game but who knows
Hello! I don't have the spreadsheet saved on my personal laptop (don't tell my boss), but the numbers don't really support this statement. In just the most informal review of the SHL's top teams, most of Chicago, Baltimore, and Texas' top defensemen had more giveaways than takeaways (in the case of Corey Kennedy, drastically so) this past season. I went through to look at total takeaways, giveaways, and ratios for the last two seasons for the SMJHL teams. There wasn't a super clear pattern to "good teams better ratio, bad teams worse ratio" or even a clear path on the inverse. If I remember to email that document to myself tomorrow, I'll share those numbers. Also with SHL Awards, I've found many times players on bad teams actually end up with more total takeaways, as good teams carry and control possession more often, so they have more opportunities to lose the puck.
ah shit i said good teams instead of bad teams lmaooo my bad

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Analyzing the S62 Alexis Metzler race using the Trips Bojo Score, Part 1 - by Pythonic - 01-07-2022, 12:04 AM