Create Account

[VSN] Dragons Report: Back For More (S63-1)

01-05-2022, 07:24 PMValorX77 Wrote: Legend Report: Micheal Boychuk S24-S42
Bio by Esa:
Michael Boychuk, affectionately nicknamed “Big Game” Boychuk for his propensity to score or create clutch goals for the dragons when the game was on the line, especially in the post-season. He played 19 seasons in Calgary and has been a key element of the Dragon's long-time success. He holds the record for all-time points by a Dragons defenseman with 558 and ranks 12th all-time in D points for the SHL. He's also the all-time Dragons leader in playoff points by a defenseman with well over 100 points and close to 200 games played. One regular-season statistic that stands out and is a testament to Boychuk’s defensive prowess is his plus-minus rating. He’s currently 3rd all-time in +/- of all defenseman in SHL history with a +147 career rating. That’s an amazing achievement behind only Darian Scherbluk and Aidan Richan. He was fantastic on Defense, but he also posted big offensive numbers as a playmaking Dman from the blue line. He was the straw that stirred the drink for the Dragons offense with his puck movement and assists capabilities. He finished with 472 assists in the regular season and countless more in the post-season. He played in the playoffs in 18 of his 19 seasons, all with the Dragons, and won an astounding 5 cups. Boychuk has been a captain and leader for the Dragons for a large portion of his career and is always a positive teammate and honestly a coach's dream. I’ve had the honor of coaching Boychuk for every game he’s played in his career and he’s always been someone I can count on in the Dragons lineup. Having that faith in a player as a GM is a true luxury. Boychuk was always in it for the team, never wanted to retire until the team had a plan to replace him. That time finally came recently, our young D is looking strong now and I’m glad they got a chance to learn how to play the game from such a great example like Boychuk. He may not have made a lot of noise on the boards over his career, but like many other legendary dragons, he made his mark on the ice, in our room, and with multiple championships. He is truly an all-time great and one of the best players and people I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know on this site.

Lifetime Stats:
Goals: 86
Assists: 472
+-: +147
Hits: 1025
Blocks: 1-34

Awards:
S31: Jesster Award (Dragons MVP)
S27: Challenge Cup
S29: Challenge Cup
S32: Challenge Cup
S40: Challenge Cup
S42: Challenge Cup
S43: Dragons Hall of Fame

Daaaaaaamn. What a write-up! Thanks for all the kind words!

It was a pleasure playing for Calgary every single season. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VSN] Dragons Report: Back For More (S63-1) - by DollarAndADream - 01-07-2022, 07:05 PM