Create Account

Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic?
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022, 04:03 AM by sulovilen.)

03-03-2022, 03:08 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Personally, I dont like that so much weight is being put on the sim engine in the current iteration of our league. If min/maxing and gaming the system is what you want to do there are plenty of other games where you can do this. For me, this has always been about the people first and foremost. The users, the interactions, creating new relationships and fostering a great online community. And it feels like right now, we are slowly losing that as the users have become secondary to the sim. 
This is it. Vast majority of us users are players, but it's not a game for us players anymore. It has turned into a game for only GMs, and a realistically winnable game for a handful of GMs. The rest of us are just passengers, pouring in hours while hoping for a change. Pouring in hours until we don't care enough anymore. A truly worrying direction.

My other huge gripe with the league was also mentioned, the toxicity. We have a culture where it is okay to hijack a serious topic and flood it with copypasta and memeing around, instead of having a civilized conversation.

A while back, there was such topic, an apology one. I started reporting the copypasta comments, because they were apparent bullying and kept drowning every attempt of a constructive discussion. Instead of any action being taken, I was told to stop reporting, because "Seriously, it's annoying". Direct quote from the mod. First time I seriously had to start thinking if this is a place I enjoy being a part of.

And yes, that person who got harassed is not on the site anymore, so well done.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic? - by sulovilen - 03-03-2022, 04:01 AM