Create Account

Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic?

03-03-2022, 04:01 AMsulovilen Wrote:
03-03-2022, 03:08 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Personally, I dont like that so much weight is being put on the sim engine in the current iteration of our league. If min/maxing and gaming the system is what you want to do there are plenty of other games where you can do this. For me, this has always been about the people first and foremost. The users, the interactions, creating new relationships and fostering a great online community. And it feels like right now, we are slowly losing that as the users have become secondary to the sim. 

This is it. Vast majority of us users are players, but it's not a game for us players anymore. It has turned into a game for only GMs, and a realistically winnable game for a handful of GMs. The rest of us are just passengers, pouring in hours while hoping for a change. Pouring in hours until we don't care enough anymore. A truly worrying direction.

I was thinking about all of this yesterday and this pretty simply sums up the conclusion that I came to. The league has shifted heavily to be something interacted with and played in by a few people. Player agency, in so far as what the average player is able to affect, has plummeted from where it was both in Simon and FHM. Both my experience as a player and as a GM have let me see this at both levels over the last calendar year, the results of the league are beyond what players influence at this point and the league isn't worth the time when that happens.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic? - by sve7en - 03-03-2022, 06:18 AM