Create Account

Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic?

03-03-2022, 09:24 PMspooked Wrote: The reality is, FHM is not working well, we even removed some of the things we had in STHS for some reason as well, which I won't understand.

There are not enough variety in players (part due to diminishing returns of maxing small set of skills, part due to literally no concept of play-style determination for a player in the player's hands) so any player can be built in any way almost as any time. GMs can just make decisions based on TPE, with almost no consideration on the build itself since there is no locked in aspect of a player that they will have to find a way to work into a strategy (not to mention no player in this league is bad at anything really).

The GM side is much too involved (too much testing/engine work required to feel like you have a chance, much more complicated than STHS was frankly) so you basically either need to lock strategies down hard so testing doesn't matter as much, or just block testing entirely since it's just being abused at this point.

I have never seen a game engine for a sports game with so little randomness in the result than FHM and when you apply that to a player driven league, you basically create a huge time sink with no payoff for most of the playerbase.

Yeah, I do miss the miracle runs to the finals you would see in STHS with low seed teams, that kind of magic is gone with FHM from my observation

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the SHL in crisis or are people being overdramatic? - by FlappyGiraffe - 03-03-2022, 09:44 PM